How do I reset an old iPod?
Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home button until the screen turns off. Then wait a few seconds for your device to restart. Still need help? Plug your iPod into power, then try again.
How do you reset an iPod 7th generation?
How to Factory Reset an iPod Touch Without a Computer
- Tap Settings on your iPod touch.
- Select General.
- Scroll down and tap Reset.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
- If prompted, enter your Apple ID or passcode.
- Wait a few minutes, and then your iPod touch will be reset to factory settings.
How do you reset an iPod touch 4th generation?
Answer: A: Tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content And Settings. Connect it to your computer to reinstall iOS, but opt to restore as a New Device when prompted.
How do I force restart my iPod?
Force restart iPod touch
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the volume down button at the same time.
- When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
How do you completely reset an iPod touch?
Erase all content and settings from iPod touch
- Go to Settings > General > Reset. If you’re asked to enter your passcode and you’ve forgotten it, see Reset the passcode. If you’re asked to enter your Apple ID password and you’ve forgotten it, see the Recover your Apple ID website.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
How do you drain a frozen iPod battery?
Try letting your iPod run out of battery. When this happens, the iPod will be forced to turn off, ending whatever process is keeping it frozen. After this, simply plug it in, let it charge for a few minutes, and try to turn it back on.
What do you do when your iPod freezes and wont turn off?
Force restart your iPod
- Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and Home button until the screen turns off.
- Wait for your device to restart.
- Still need help? Plug into power, then try again.
How do I force a factory reset on my iPod touch?
Hard Reset an iPod Touch
- Press and hold the home button and the Sleep/Wake button.
- Continue to hold them even when the power off slider appears.
- Hold the buttons while the screen flashes, goes dark and then flashes again.
- Let go once the Apple logo appears.
How do I remove password from iPod touch 4th generation?
8 Answers. Continue to hold home button until iTunes pops up a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. The screen should remain black. This should reset your password.
How do you factory reset a locked iPod?
Restore your iPod touch
- Locate your iPod touch on your computer. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore. The Finder or iTunes will download software for your iPod touch.
- Wait for the process to finish. Then set up and use your iPod touch.
How to do a hard reset on an iPod?
1 Press and hold the buttons for at least 8 seconds. When the Apple logo appears on the screen, the iPod has been reset. 2 You may have to repeat the hard reset process in order for it to work. 3 The easiest way to perform this reset is to set the iPod on a flat surface and use two hands to press the buttons. More
Is there a way to soft reset an iPod Nano?
On iPod Nano 6th and 7th, force restart the iPod, and then press both the “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” buttons until iPod enters DFU mode. For iPod with a click wheel, such as iPod classic, soft reset the iPod and then press both the “Center” and “Play/Pause” buttons for a few seconds to switch to the disk mode.
How to restart an iPod Classic from iTunes?
Restart iPod Classic 1 Put the Hold switch firmly in the unlocked position. 2 Press and hold the Menu and Center (or Select) buttons for 8 seconds, or until you see the Apple logo. See More….
What to do if your iPod Touch is frozen?
Reset a frozen iPod Touch. If your iPod Touch is not responding, you can perform a hard reset. This will reboot your iPod, and will terminate any apps that are currently running. Press and hold the Power button and the Home button for 10 seconds. The Apple logo will appear and the device will reset.
How to Restart an iPod Classic
- Press and hold the Menu and Center buttons at the same time for 6 to 8 seconds.
- Release the buttons while the iPod classic restarts.
- When the iPod has started again, check to see if it is responsive.
- If that doesn’t work, make sure the iPod’s battery has a charge.
How do I do a hard reset on my iPod Touch?
Force restart your iPod touch Press and hold both the Top button and the Volume Down button for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
Why won’t my old iPod turn on?
Your iPod may just need a soft reset. This is the most common reason why your iPod isn’t turning on. Simply, hold down the power button and the home button at the same time. This will reset your iPod and should hopefully solve the problem.
How do I unlock my old iPod?
If your iPod is disabled, the only way to unlock it is to completely erase and reset it. If you have a backup, you’ll be able to restore it, otherwise you’ll lose all of your data. There is no way to unlock a disabled iPod unless you use the correct passcode or you erase it.
How do you fix an iPod Touch that won’t turn on?
Where do I find the reset button on my iPod?
The Menu button is located at the top of the Click Wheel, and the Select button is in the center of the Wheel. Press and hold the buttons for at least 8 seconds. When the Apple logo appears on the screen, the iPod has been reset. You may have to repeat the hard reset process in order for it to work.
How do you soft reset an iPod Classic?
For iPod with a click wheel, such as iPod classic, soft reset the iPod and then press both the “Center” and “Play/Pause” buttons for a few seconds to switch to the disk mode. For iPod with a touch or scroll wheel, also soft reset it and then hold down the “Previous” and “Next” buttons at the same time to go to the disk mode.
How can I Reset my iPod touch without iTunes?
For iPod Touch: Press both the “Power” and “Home” buttons until you see Apple logo. In the following ways, your iPod data will be wiped out. If you have some important photos, videos or music, you had better backup iPodfirstly. Way 2. Factory reset iPod without iTunes (password required)
How do I restore my iPod Touch to my computer?
Restoring an iPod Touch Connect your iPod Touch to the computer. Select your device. Click the Restore button. Select how you would like to restore. Wait for the restore process to complete. Enter your Apple ID.