How do you do long division step by step?
How to Do Long Division?
- Step 1: Take the first digit of the dividend.
- Step 2: Then divide it by the divisor and write the answer on top as the quotient.
- Step 3: Subtract the result from the digit and write the difference below.
- Step 4: Bring down the next number (if present).
- Step 5: Repeat the same process.
What are the four steps of long division?
There are four main steps to solving a long division problem:
- Drop down the last digit.
What are the 5 steps of division?
It follows the same steps as that of long division, namely, – divide, multiply, subtract, bring down and repeat or find the remainder.
What are the steps in long division?
There are four steps of long division; they are: divide, multiply, subtract, and bring down. Each step will be explained and shown in a different color in the step-by-step image. Our first step of long division is to divide.
How do you calculate long division?
To do long division, follow these seven steps: Step 1. Calculate how many times the number outside the division bar goes into the first number inside the bar. Step 2. Put the answer on top of the bar. Step 3. Multiply the number outside the division bar by the number at the top of the bar.
How do you do long division with decimals?
How to Do Long Division with Decimals. If the number you’re dividing by has a decimal, move the decimal point all the way to the right counting the number of places you’ve moved it to. Then move the decimal point in the number you’re dividing the same number of places to the right. Insert a decimal point in the quotient (answer) space,…
How to do this long division problem?
Write out the problem using a long division bar. The division bar ( 厂 ) looks like an ending parentheses attached to a horizontal line that goes over the
How do you make a simple division?
More Divide by Number Tricks
- Divide by 1 – Anytime you divide by 1, the answer is the same as the dividend.
- Divide by 2 – If the last digit in the number is even, then the entire number is divisible by 2.
- Divide by 4 – If the last two digits divide by 4, then the entire number is divisible by 4.
What is the easiest way to divide numbers?
the answer is the same as the dividend.
What are the steps to Division?
The steps to divide are as follows: Determine the first digit or set of digits your divisor will go into at least once. Determine the maximum number of times your divisor will go into the said digit or digits. Place the answer over the corresponding digit. Multiply the answer from above by your dividend.